MCCT is delighted to announce our 2022 Clayton Miller Scholarship recipient:
who will all be receiving a $1000 scholarship.
Our youth scholarship is named after Clayton Miller, the original founder of the Mooresville Community Theater, who gave his time, talent and treasure to bring theater to our town. Clayton’s passion for theater will be carried on through this scholarship program. You’re invited to help secure the longevity of this scholarship program. With each production, our cast members and crew collect charitable donations at each concession table and all of our profits from concessions are 100% for our scholarships. We believe the gift of theater for our students will benefit the community beyond the performance sector. Our award recipients will take their dedication to theater, and apply the same dedication and passion for the rest of their lives.
- Current high school student or one (1) year post graduation from high school.
- Applicants must be pursuing the performing arts (drama, dance, theatre, vocals, etc.)
- Does not have to have participated in a Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre (MCCT)production, workshop or program.
- Complete and sign the application
- Attach two (2) personal letters of recommendation. These should be from people other than family members. At least one of these letters should be from a person who has some knowledge of your skills as a performing artist or aspirations.
Email or mail completed application by
Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre
Post Office Box 4292
Mooresville, NC 28117
The Mooresville Community Children’s Theater (MCCT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing theatre performance, production and viewing experiences for Mooresville and surrounding communities with an emphasis on including children ages 6 through 18 who have not been exposed to the world of Performing Arts.
All productions are FREE to audition, if cast there is a $90 participation fee. This fee covers the actor’s materials, costumes, acting/vocal coaching and instruction, and t-shirt.
We realize that this participation fee may be a burden on some families, and we offer a limited number of Participation Fee scholarships so that youth have the opportunity to participate in this educational theatre experience.
Please print and complete the form. Bring the Participant Scholarship Fee Form ONLY to the Parent Information Meeting to submit when picking up script materials.
2020 Winners Include: Haley Vogel, Lucas DeVore, Allie Hildebran
2020 MCCT Honary Scholarship Winners Include:
Bridget Delaney, Isaac Nicolau, Wilson MacIntyre, Grace Schiefen
2019 Scholarship Winners Include:
Rachel Peterkin, Michael Chilcoat, Jordan O’Sullivan