A Magical Theatre Experience!
The Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre (MCCT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing theatre, performance, education, production and viewing experiences for Mooresville, Lake Norman region and surrounding communities with an emphasis on including children ages 6-18.
- Improves communication skills
- Encourages use of imagination
- Gives an opportunity to express oneself
- Enhances the ability to think critically
- Inspires cooperation with others
- Teamwork development in achieving joint goals
- Helps develop moral values
- Nourishes sensitivity
- Fosters understanding of others feelings
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Supports peer acceptance and self-worth
Our youth scholarship is named after Clayton Miller, the original founder of the Mooresville Community Theater, who gave his time, talent and treasure to bring theater to our town. Clayton’s passion for theater will be carried on through this scholarship program. You’re invited to help secure the longevity of this scholarship program. With each production, our cast members and crew collect charitable donations at each concession table and all of our profits from concessions are 100% for our scholarships. We believe the gift of theater for our students will benefit the community beyond the performance sector. Our award recipients will take their dedication to theater, and apply the same dedication and passion for the rest of their lives.
March 16: Evolution of Musical Theatre Through Dance
March 23: Acting 101 – Jumpstart!
March 30: Monologues / Scenes & Auditioning
Be sure to follow us via social media to keep up with the latest news!