A Magical Theatre Experience!
The Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre (MCCT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing theatre, performance, education, production and viewing experiences for Mooresville, Lake Norman region and surrounding communities with an emphasis on including children ages 6-18.
- Improves communication skills
- Encourages use of imagination
- Gives an opportunity to express oneself
- Enhances the ability to think critically
- Inspires cooperation with others
- Teamwork development in achieving joint goals
- Helps develop moral values
- Nourishes sensitivity
- Fosters understanding of others feelings
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Supports peer acceptance and self-worth
Clayton Miller Scholarship Winner!
Our youth scholarship is named after Clayton Miller, the original founder of the Mooresville Community Theater, who gave his time, talent and treasure to bring theater to our town. Clayton’s passion for theater will be carried on through this scholarship program. You’re invited to help secure the longevity of this scholarship program. With each production, our cast members and crew collect charitable donations at each concession table and all of our profits from concessions are 100% for our scholarships. We believe the gift of theater for our students will benefit the community beyond the performance sector. Our award recipients will take their dedication to theater, and apply the same dedication and passion for the rest of their lives.
It’s time to celebrate Eleni Kash !!! She is our 2021 recipient of The Clayton Miller Scholarship!🎉🎭♥️! She began her MCCT journey back in 2014 and has continued to be a presence on and off our stage every season! When Eleni wasn’t performing, she was volunteering and lending her talents working with sets, concessions and strikes! Eleni is an excellent student graduating from Lake Norman High School and will be attending Coastal Carolina this fall majoring in theatre with a minor in business!! Congratulations to Eleni Kash!
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 Clayton Miller Scholarship!
Auditions: APRIL 21-22nd, 2022
Show: JUNE 16th-19th, 2022
Ages 5-14 (director is flexible, inquire via email)
Auditions: MAY 6-7, 2022
Show: JULY 21-24, 2022
Directed by Steven James
Ages 12 through college (director is flexible, inquire via email)
Be sure to follow us via social media to keep up with the latest news!
Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre (MCCT) is building community through the Arts. Since 2003, contributions have enabled MCCT to bring live, quality children’s theatre to area audiences. While ticket prices cover a small portion of our costs, we rely on contributed gifts to bridge that gap. Please join your friends and neighbors and support YOUR community theatre with a tax-deductible gift. Your support is deeply appreciated and makes all the difference.
A tax-deductible gift of any size is helpful. Here are some samples:
- Benefactor of Show: $2,000 (helps to offset performance royalties)
- Clayton Miller Scholarship Award: $1,000 (awarded to students pursuing theatre arts)
- Show Costume Sponsor: $500 (a costume rental for a show)
- One In-School Educational Show Performance: $300
- Actor Participation Sponsor: $100 (sponsor an actor to participate in a show)